M. Flagg Lewis
COMFORTABLE BEING UNCOMFORTABLE
With each new experience life brings me I find that I become better at being comfortable with being uncomfortable. I've always been told that I possess leadership qualities. What proved that I had these qualities were a serious of what I thought were pointless random questions compiled together in what we know as a personality test. According to the many tests I've taken over the years I tend to toggle the line of introvert and extrovert.
Which According to Psychology today's Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D there are Nine Signs Your Really an Introvert:
1. You enjoy having time to yourself
2. Your best thinking occurs when You're by yourself
3. You lead best when others are self starters
4. You're the last to raise your hand when someone asks for something in a group
5. Other people ask you you opinion
6. You often wear headphones when you are in a public situation
7. You prefer not to engage with people who seem angry or upset
8. You receive more calls, text and emails than you make, unless you have no choice
9. You don't initiate small talk with salespeople or others with whom you have casual contact
Being an introvert is not a bad thing. Many of the more insightful people I know don't wish to be around other people. In fact they find being around other be exhausting and at times mentally draining. Extroverts on the other hand are on the opposite end. Psychology today describes extroverts or extroversion as outgoing, energetic talkative people.
Now this is why I toggle the line. At times I find people exhausting, most days I feel energized by the presence of others. I enjoy my along time, but I find that my best thinking comes with the collaboration of others. I don't particularly love confrontation but I do enjoy calming a situation down to the point where it would be difficult to remember what the problem was in the first place. When you find that you have even some introversion tendencies it is easy to understand how the phrase "comfortable with being uncomfortable" describes you perfectly. Even if a situation puts you out of your comfort zone you push past it because deep down you know the experience will be good for you.
Here's to all those being comfortable with being uncomfortable. Know you are not alone :)
#introvert #extrovert #getcomfortablebeinguncomfortable #alwaysuncomfortable #colortest #personalitytests