Check out the recipes below to one of my favorite meals. My take on Shrimp&Grits!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp & Grits with Avocado Slices
Shrimp-Frozen or Fresh
Salt & Pepper
Grits--Directions from Quaker Quick Oats
1.Slowly stir grits and salt into briskly boiling water.
2.Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4 Servings | 1 Cup of Grits to 4 Cups of Water
6 Services | 1 1/2 Cups of Grits to 6 Cups of Water
1. If shrimp are frozen defrost in a colander sitting in a bowl of cold water. *skip to #3
2. Drain and dry lightly with paper towel
3. Take the cilantro and finely chop enough cilantro to season the shrimp
4. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, the cilantro you just chopped and lime juice
5. Sauté the shrimp in a pan with olive oil until cooked through--this should only take a few minutes
6. Remove shrimp from heat
1. Slice open your avocados and separate out the fruit from the shell and the pit
*try to keep it in one piece
2. Create even slices and season with salt, pepper, chopped cilantro and lime juice
Put it altogether!
Take a bowl, place a serving of cheesy cheddar grits in your bowl along with a handful of shrimp and 5-7 avocado slices. Enjoy!